Text Sources Now Support BBcode
Melvin DichosoApril 07, 20162 mins read
You can now use BBcode in your text sources. This includes adding images and changing text size and color and using css styles!
Here’s a table that shows you the supported tags, what they are used for, and examples on how to use them:
|[b]||Makes text bold||Title Text|
|[color]||Changes the color of the text You can use either a standard color name or a hexadecimal value.|| ||Title Text|
|[color]|| ||Title Text|
|[i]||Makes text italic||Title Text|
|[img]||Shows the image indicated|| |
|[size]||Changes the font size of the text. This uses pixels as its unit of measurement.||Title Text|
|[sub]||Changes the text into subscript|| ||Title Text|
|[sup]||Changes the text into superscript|| ||Title Text|
|[style]||Used for detailed CSS styling|| ||Title Text|
|You can also combine tags||Title Text|
- Since the Text source itself has its own styling, you may use any css style but it is not always guaranteed to be shown properly (this includes, but is not limited to: alignment styles and spacing styles)
- When using the underlined or strikethrough Text CSS property, setting the color through BBcode is not reflected on the underline or strikethrough stroke (It follows outline color, which in css, is -webkit-text-stroke-color)
- When used together with the fade effect, please use unusual characters in HTML, for example, “||” (double pipes, without the quotes) as your delimiter, so that you don’t split in-between the tags. Also, please do not place delimiters anywhere between an opening and a closing tag because doing so will only result in the BBcode being applied to the the first fade segment enclosed in the tag.
- Text source settings such as outline thickness and alignment are computed based on the original font-size. These are some of its consequences:
- Using the size tag with a relatively smaller value than the computed one and placing a line break, will make it seem that multiple line breaks are present, but it is actually only a single line break with the original font-size
- Using the size tag with a relatively smaller value than the computed one and adjusting the alignment properties through the align buttons may show limited and unexpected changes.
- BBcodes may also be used with custom scripts (such as Load Text from File).
Melvin DichosoA basketball junkie, blogger, headphone enthusiast, aspiring chef, and traveler wannabe. Does social media and various other stuff for XSplit.More from this Author