Taking screenshots and videos with 321.show
Providing a screenshot or short video of an issue or question can help the support team understand it more and be able to give you the best possible fix or answer.
A convenient way to do this is with 321.show: a free image and video capture tool that automatically uploads online for easy sharing.
- Start 321.show by clicking the taskbar icon. A targetting reticle will appear.
- Hover the reticle to highlight specific windows then left-click to capture it.
You can also left-click and drag to highlight an area of the screen you want to capture.
- After capturing your highlighted area, follow the steps below for capturing images or recording videos.
Capturing an image with 321.show
- Click the Capture Image icon to capture and upload a screenshot of the highlighted window/screen region online.
- A notification will appear once the upload has finished. The image link will also be automatically copied to your Windows clipboard.
Click on the support chat bubble and the press CTRL + V to paste the image link. You can also click the link to preview it on your web browser.
Recording a video with 321.show
- Click the Record Video icon to record the highlighted window/screen region. There will be a 3-second countdown first before the recording starts.
- When you’re done, just click the Stop and Upload icon. This will start uploading the recording online.
- You can also right-click the 321.show taskbar icon to stop and upload the recording. This is useful when capturing the entire screen or desktop.
- A notification will appear once the upload has finished. The video link will also be automatically copied to your Windows clipboard.
Click on the support chat bubble and the press CTRL + V to paste the video link. You can also click the link to preview it on your web browser.