In this section - you'll learn how you can easily import, edit and export your video files in XSplit Express Video Editor.
There are three ways you can add video clips into XSplit Express Video Editor:
Drag and drop the video file(s) you want to add into the XSplit Express Video Editor window. You can drag and drop in multiple video files at the same time.
Click the Add a video icon then select the video file you want to add into your project.
- Go to File > Import then select the video file you want to add into your project.
NOTE: Only mp4 files with a filesize less than 10GB are currently supported. All imported videos in a project will need to have the same video resolution.
Use the playhead to navigate and scrub through your video clips. Clicking on specific clips will select them (light gray).
For more accurate control of the playhead, you can use the back and forward buttons to skip one frame back or forward. Clicking the elapsed time will also allow you to use your mousewheel to scrub frames while holding the CTRL and SHIFT buttons let you scrub seconds and minutes respectively.
- Reordering Clips
- Reorder the video clips by dragging and dropping them along the timeline.
- Splitting Clips
- Click the Split icon or press CTRL+T to split the video clip where the playhead currently is. Alternatively, if the playhead is currently on the selected clip - right-click on it then select Split Clip from the pop-up menu.
- Trimming Clips
- Hover your mouse cursor near the beginning or end of a video clip until the cursor turns into the trim icon, then hold and drag to the left or right to trim off those parts of the clip.
- Deleting Clips
- Click the Trash icon or press DEL to delete the selected video clip. You can also right-click on the clip you want to delete then select Delete from the pop-up menu shown.
Once you're done editing, you can export your project as video file by clicking the Export button.
You can also click the drop-down beside the Export button then select Export Project or go to the File menu then select Export.
If you want to export only a specific video clip from your project, you can click the drop-down beside the Export button then select Export Clip.
You can also right-click on the specific clip then select Export Clip from the pop-up menu or go to the File menu then select Export Clip.
NOTE: Projects and video clips can only be exported as mp4 files.