Generating a HijackThis log
In some cases, the Technical Support staff will request you to generate a HijackThis log. This file contains an in-depth report of your computer’s registry and file settings which the staff can use to diagnose and troubleshoot the issue you are currently having.
Generating the HijackThis log
- Right-click on HijackThis.exe and select Run as administrator.
- Click on Do a system scan only.
- After HijackThis has finished scanning, click on Save log.
- Click the drop-down menu next to Save as type and choose All files instead of .log.
- Save the file in .txt format and browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save.