Setting up Custom RTMP for YouTube Live
While you can already use XSplit Broadcaster to connect to YouTube Live directly, you may optionally want to use Custom RTMP to connect instead.
This guide shows you how to obtain the Stream Name and Stream URL from YouTube Live as well as set up the Custom RTMP account on XSplit Broadcaster.
Obtaining the RTMP URL and Stream Name
- Click on the Camera Icon “Create” on the top left corner of the YouTube Home Page and select Go Live
- Stream Key and Stream settings will be shown Immediately on the Stream Settings Tab.
Setting up Custom RTMP
- Click on Broadcast > Set up new output > Custom RTMP
- Enter the RTMP URL and Stream Key from YouTube to their respective fields in the Custom RTMP Properties
- Enter a Name for the Custom RTMP output. This way, you know which RTMP output is labeled if you decide to set more than one of these outputs
- Click OK and you should be able to access this as an output under Broadcast and start your stream directly