The Gamecaster Studio combines your Stream and Record controls along with your created scenes and dashboard into one window.
In the middle is the Stage, and displays whichever scene is currently selected. Whatever is presented on the stage will be captured on a stream or recording.
Sets & Scenes
The meat of your presentation. Sets are a collection of scenes, while scenes are what will be shown on your stream or recording. Whichever scene is selected will be shown on the stage.
- Clicking the + icon on the Sets panel will create a new Set.
- To edit a set, right-click a set icon and select Settings. This will aloow you to set a new name and another icon.
When selected, scenes will be displayed onto your Stage and will be shown on your streaming or recording
- Clicking the +Add Scene on the Scenes panel will prompt you to either Create your own or Choose a Theme.
Selecting Create your own scene will add a Custom scene that you can edit from scratch.
Selecting Choose a Theme will take you to the Themes menu. Here, you can choose from a wide selection of pre-made scenes that you can add to your Scenes list.
They are sorted into three categories that you can choose from: Start, Main, and Intermission.
Editing a Scene
You can edit a scene by going to the Scene Editor. The Scene Editor is where you can adjust and add widgets onto your scene and have them appear on your stage.
There are three ways to go to the Scene Editor.
- Click the three dots (…) under the added scene and then select Edit.
- Hover over the scene in the Scenes panel with your mouse click the Edit or pencil icon.
- Select the scene and hover to the stage with your mouse to click the Edit Scene button.
Setting Scene Transitions
Scene transitions are animated effects that activate whenever you switch scenes.
- To add scene transitions, click the drop-down menu on your Scenes panel and select the animated effect.
- To set a duration of the scene transition, scroll down the drop-down menu and set the value in milliseconds (ms). 1000 milliseconds equals 1 second.
Stream & Record
At the bottom of the Gamecaster window are the stream and record buttons.
- Stream allows you to broadcast your content to a live streaming service platform. Gamecaster can only stream to 4 available platforms:
Note: If no service is selected, the No Service icon will be displayed. You must authorize your service in your Account Settings before starting a stream.
- Record allows you to save your content onto your local drive.
The Stream Dashboard allows you to monitor events and chat directly with your selected streaming site. The dashboard is divided into two panels: Stream Events and the Stream Chat.
Displays events from your currently linked live streaming service, useful for checking historical follows, subs, hosts, and tips.
Displays the chat from the currently linked streaming service, useful for keeping in touch with your viewers.
Gamecaster supports devices such as webcams and capture cards that you can connect into your PC.
Gamecaster allows you to select any compatible webcam currently connected to your PC.
You can select the device in two ways:
- In the Studio, click the camera icon on the bottom-left corner of the Gamecaster window, then click Connected Devices to bring up a list of available devices. Select the webcam device you connected.
- In the Studio settings and on the Devices tab, select your selected webcamera under Webcam.
Clicking the Main Source icon allows you to switch Gamecaster’s capture to either a PC game or a console or other device connected via capture card.
- Selecting Capture any game on this PC will adjust Gamecaster to look for any compatible game app currently running on your PC.
- You can also capture your desktop monitor by selecting Display or select a window of an application that you wish to capture.
- Selecting Capture a console or other device will adjust Gamecaster to look for any capture card currently connected to your PC and will display the capture card’s video feed onto XSplit scene preview.