Enabling Two-Factor Authentication
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) adds an extra layer of protection for your XSplit account. With 2FA enabled, logging in your XSplit account will require you to enter both your password and a security code from your mobile phone’s authenticator app like Google Authenticator or Authy.
Note: Google Authenticator or Authy App is required on your mobile device to work.
- Log in with your account on the XSplit website.
- Under My Account, select Account Settings.
- Select the Security & Log In tab then click Turn ON next to Two-Factor Authentication is OFF.
- Enter your password on the prompt then click Continue.
- Open your mobile authenticator app then select Scan QR Code. Point the camera of your mobile device to the QR code provided on the XSplit website.
- Enter the 6-digit number that appears on your Authenticator app to your XSplit webpage then click Submit.Note: The Authenticator app generates a 6-digit number and re-generate new numbers every 30 seconds. Enter the number within the given time.
- Copy the recovery codes provided which will be used to gain access on your account if you lose your phone.
Signing In with 2FA Enabled
- On XSplit website, click Sign Up.
- Under Log In, enter your e-mail address and the password associated with your XSplit account. Then click Log In.
- On your mobile device, open your authenticator application then copy the code provided.
- Enter the code that appears on XSplit website then click Continue.Note: The code changes every 30 seconds. Be sure to be quick in entering the code.
Disabling 2FA on your XSplit Account
- On your Account Settings, select the Security & Log in tab then click Turn OFF next to Two-Factor Authentication is ON .
- A password and security code prompt will appear. Enter your password and the code provided by the authenticator app on your mobile phone then click Disable 2FA.