How do I use background removal with Camtasia?
When trying to use VCam’s background removal in Camtasia, it will show your original background instead of transparency.
The Remove Background function requires that the application using VCam is connected to ARGB32 and that the application has support for background transparency. While Camtasia connects with the ARGB32 color format, it renders as RGB and ignores the alpha channel.
You’ll still be able to remove your background when using VCam with Camtasia by following these steps:
- In VCam, set a solid color image as your background by going to Add Background > Media file. You can download one by clicking here.
- In Camtasia, select the Record tab in the upper-left.
- On Camtasia’s Record panel, select XSplit VCam as your camera then click the rec button to record your camera footage as normal.
The camera recording should automatically be added to your Camtasia timeline as a new track like below.
- Go to Visual Effects then drag the Remove a Color effect to your camera recording track.
- Click the Properties button to show the Remove a Color effect properties. Select the eyedropper tool from the Color drop-down then click on the background of the camera recording. This will make the background color transparent.
You can read more on this in our Community Forum thread about this issue.