Disabling Game Mode on Windows 10
Disabling Game Mode and Game DVR will improve performance if you’re experiencing FPS drops or other issues in XSplit applications. Recent Windows updates may have reenabled Game Mode on again even if you have disabled it before.
Note: These instructions are for the latest build of Windows 10. If you are on a lower build, update to the latest version.
- While inside a game, press Windows Key + G to open the Game Bar.
- Click on the Game Mode icon on the right side of the bar to turn Game Mode off.
- Right-click on the Start Menu and select Settings.
- Select Gaming.
- Select Game Bar from the sidebar then toggle Record game clips, screenshots and broadcast using Game bar to
- Select Game DVR from the sidebar then toggle Record in the background while I’m playing a game.