Using a USB cable for camera data transfer
Using a USB connection is recommended and fully supported when using XSplit Connect.
However, the phone or mobile device still needs to be connected to the same network as your computer via WiFi even if the camera data is transported via USB.
Make sure that you have the latest version of the XSplit Connect mobile app and XSplit VCam (minimum version 2.0.2011.1701) then follow the instructions below:
- Install iTunes on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone’s Lightning to USB Cable to both your iPhone and computer.
- Refresh or select your iPhone as the camera on XSplit VCam.
- Enable USB Debugging by following this guide.
Note that some devices may need specific steps to follow. As such, enter the following search phrase on Google:
enable USB debugging on
[brand and model of your phone]
- Connect your Android phone’s USB cable to both your Android phone and computer.
- Accept any authorization pop-up that may appear on your phone. If prompted to choose what type of connection purpose, select file or data transfer if those options are available.
- Refresh or select your Android phone as the camera on XSplit VCam.
NOTE: Some Android USB cables may be unreliable for data transfer. Make sure that you use a high quality USB cable that can transmit data as some cables can only be used for charging.