Taking screenshots with the Windows Snipping Tool
The support staff may ask a screenshot from you to make it easier for them to assist you with the issue at hand. You can use the included screenshot utility in Windows called the Snipping Tool to easily send screenshots.
Using the Snipping Tool to capture and send screenshots
- Press the ⊞ Windows key, then type
Snipping Toolthen select it from the search results.
- Windows 7 – Click Start > All Programs > Accessories then select Snipping Tool.
- Windows 8 – Type
Snipping Toolon the Start Screen and then select it from the search results.
- On the Snipping Tool window, click New.
Once the screen fades, hold down the left mouse button and drag to select the area of the screen you want to capture.
- A preview window showing the captured image will appear. This image will be automatically copied to your Windows clipboard.
- Click on the support chat bubble and the press CTRL + V to paste the image.
Click OK on the confirmation message to upload the pasted image in the support chat.