Note: The information contained in this document may change when final 1.1 Beta is released.
- Support for AVerMedia H264 Encoder in broadcast plugins
Please read more about this here.
- Option to "Use WinXP Sound" (General settings > Audio section)
- Silence detection option in loopback mode
- Support for Dailymotion streaming service
- Merged deinterlace options
- Refresh button for all sources
- Update to x264-125
- Optimized Flash rendering
- Auto-configuration for Broadcaster HD
- Skype/Game source when no offline image is set
- Allow capture of secondary Skype instance
- Support for 64-bit game capture
- Local streaming plugin (Premium feature)
- Justin/TwitchTV & Own3d ingest location ping tester dropdown
Try to dropdown the Location list.
Implementation is very much inspired by R1CH. He came up with the idea for this functionality and we could not help but to include this as a native part of XSplit.
- XSplit Default preset is now using veryfast (replaces previous XSplit Default)
- Informational hints on the preset combobox in channel settings
- Use loopback audio as default mic audio capture method on Vista/Win7+
To disable, tick Use WinXP sound in General settings > Audio section
- Integrated Skype video source (Premium feature)
- Offline image for game source (Personal/Premium feature)
- Refresh button for camera source (this will also perform automatic signal detection on AVerMedia capture cards)
- Relocate bandwidth tester button near ingest location dropdown (affects Justin/TwitchTV and Own3d plugins)
- Support for Akamai network (new broadcast plugin)
- Support for 8-channel conversion (7.1 Surround Sound)
To try out the hardware encoder which is built into the Live Gamer HD capture card from AVerMedia ( http://q.avermedia.com/en/recentral/live-gamer-hd/overview ), then right click (Broadcast -> Local recording) and select AVerMedia instead of X264. The implementation supports bitrate setting and sets the AVerMedia default bitrate initially.
If only one Live Gamer card is installed, then XSplit will provide an error message if Live Gamer card is already used as capture source. If there are multiple Live Gamer cards installed then XSplit will attempt to use another available card to perform the encoding. (That is how it should work, but please see know issues below)
In terms of the Resolution, here is how it works:
The AVerMedia encoder only supports encoding using a specific set of resolutions at some specific maximum frame rates as listed below:
640 x 480 (60p) , 720 x 480 (60p), 720 x 576 (50p), 800 x 600 (60p)
1024 x 768 (60p), 1280 x 720p (50p), 1280 x 720p (60p), 1280 x 768 (60p)
1280 x 800 (60p) 1280 x 1024 (30p), 1360 x 768 (50p), 1440 x 900 (30p)
1680 x 1050 (30p), 1920 x 1080 (30p)
You will see the usual dropdown under the encoder settings. "Default Stage Resolution" is still there and users also have the option to select any of the specifically supported AVerMedia resolutions.
If the "Default Stage Resolution" is NOT one of the resolutions supported by the hardware encoder, XSlit will resize the video by padding height and/or width as needed to match the closest resolution supported by the hardware encoder.
Currently it is only possible to use AVerMedia encoder for local recording, but we expect to add the option for live streaming in the final XSplit 1.1.
The following issues are still remaining.
Artifacts on some resolutions:
Some resolutions do not get encoded correctly, hereunder for example 800x600 and 1080p. This is a known driver issue which is being worked on.
A/V sync Issue:
If you use Live Gamer HD source to capture Xbox 360, you may experience an A/V sync issue. If the Live Gamer source is added before the output monitor is turned on, then you may experience a de-synchronization between the video and audio. To resolve this, remove the Live Gamer HD source and re-add it to the XSplit scene.
Freeze when using Live Gamer Encoder and Capture source at the same time:
With the driver available as of even date the user will experience freeze and driver failure when attempting to use the capture function and the encoder function at the same time. This can lead to the capture or encode function of the Live Gamer getting completely unusable until OS reboot.
Live Gamer does not support encoding and capturing at the same time, but the current driver allows this without correct handling of the internal exception. AVerMedia will address this in a coming driver update.
HTML 5 source plugins
Believe it or not, it will be possible to develop sources purely made in HTML 5. Sources like a Twitter overlay, new title plug-in, score boards etc. can all be made by any web developer who knows HTML 5 and CSS.
Remote Presenter (Premium users only)
Provide anyone with the link www.xsplit.com/presenter and they can share their audio, webcam and screen directly across LAN or internet into your XSplit Broadcaster when you have added the new Remote Presenter source (install using the Source Plugin Store in "File - More sources..."). It's easy and works really awesome!
Mic & speaker are muted on login
No advise to enable GameSource when trying to add game/Skype while GameSource is disabled
Fix for green screen bug and flash crash
Refresh button for sources no longer works
1.0 broadcast plugins are not copied into 1.1 directory
Prevent caching of plugin store downloads
Ping tester fix on clipped readings
4716 - Limelight FMS URL is included with the Save Directory
3938 - Unable to open a new window in the same form in Windows 7
4732 - When the recordings folder is missing, an exception occurs
4737 - Limelight RTMP URL is seen under the hot key field
4743 - Exception found each time XGS64 is enabled
4757 - CustomRTMP bitrate always resets to "64k"
4763 - With Nico-Nico plugin, an exception in the bandwidth test causes XSplit to completely crash
4764 - Names of channels that no longer exists keeps showing up during login
1830 - Mouse action in login form causes language selection menu to move to the corner of the screen
4754 - "Add Profile image" always opens to the "Recordings" directory
4402 - In Source Property, value remains unchanged when scrolling with mouse wheel
4775 - General settings, hotkeys, resolutions reset, and channels deleted on login after a crash
4776 - General settings, hotkeys, resolutions, and channels are overwritten from server if last server sync failed
4777 - Last presentation is no longer backed up
4780 - Quick crop tool does not work correctly when Hide from Screen Region is enabled
4770 - Selected capture cards cannot show video when audio playback device is disabled
4773 - Media file is not added when audio playback device is disabled
4759 - "Force deinterlace" is ignored when "Refresh" button is used for Hauppauge USB-Live2 (For verification)
Akamai plugin - Use single RTMP channel
Title source - Remote title text don't align properly after the second update
Title source - Remote text update scroll problem
Title source - Problem if installation path contains a single quote character
Exception detected when clicking Add game due to inability to get module info of 64-bit process
Add game prompt appears even if there are already games detected
Advisory: XSplit does not work optimal in environments with multiple GPU's (AMD Crossfire). Disabling one GPU will sometimes provides better performance than retaining the dual GPU configuration.
Advisory: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx series graphics cards currently have issues with XSplit. Please click here for more information.
- 4567 - XSplit hangs with IP camera source when IP camera source is down/unreachable or when network cable gets unplugged.
Workaround: During IP camera initialization or when you delete IP camera or change scene, it is possible to hold Escape key and IP camera will be interrupted.
- 4697 - The "None" microphone option is ignored each time Windows' default recording device is changed
- 4333 - Gamesource: Capturing Killing Floor via GameSource does not capture any frames
- 4132 - Pausing and starting a video file speeds up playback automatically (For verification; may depend on DirectShow filters installed)
- 3373 - Editing Cue Points - Accepts invalid values.
- 3510 - Source Property - Does not show up on certain multi-monitor configurations.
- 3949 - Gray artifacts in the initial x seconds of stream or recordings when using b-frames (see http://www.xsplit.com/forum/faq.php#f3r0).
- 4658 - Cannot select newly plugged-in Microphone devices.
- 4654 - Skype video switches to Offline image sometimes during capture (needs further verification).
- 4620 - JTV channel setup wizard dialog box keeps popping up for deactivated JTV account referrals.
- 4796 - Able to add a non-working Limelight entry into the Channels tab
- 3959 - XSplit does not always open on the primary monitor
- 4156 - Streaming to Justin/TwitchTV or FMS 3.5 + using low framerate (below 20) can cause constant reconnections
- 3615 - Channel recordings are not saved when stored in a UNC path
- 3904 - Microphone and Speaker volume interface does not show as "Disabled" when no device is present
- 4577 - Optical audio for Hauppauge Colossus and HD PVR is not supported (For verification)
- 3907 - Window slowdown/freeze when adding multiple screen region sources to scene in Windows 7 Aero mode.
Note: Use "Optimize for non-motion picture" when Aero theme is enabled.
- 4575 - When streaming, CPU starts beeping and mouse freaks out.
Note: We think it must be a driver issue, but we still can’t pinpoint or reproduce the issue in our lab
- 4294 - Using the playback slider may cause XSplit to crash on rare occasions.
- 4216 - Streaming with a width lower than 650px often hinders a fully readable streaming statistics.
- 3248 - Sources stop playing (video files, animated gifs) when user presses CTRL+ALT+DEL.
If you are looking for the release notes of the previous version, please look here.
To see how issues are prioritized, kindly click here.